Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 5 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:24 pm

ChristianC wrote:Great stuff pointing this out Bryan! We need to get you on the Tantive payroll with the amount of feedback you are giving us!

It's not an issue right? I have been told no and was told to test the place as that is why I was brought before public release. Testing for the most part is done I think. Don't have much more feedback to give on functionality at the moment. The problem seems to be sorted as Marco said, other than in the bottom of the library is a project thread that I was under assumption was going to be public type projects. Members still can't post in that presumably because it is in the library. Since that is where you want the prototype stuff I assume Steve and Oli would have posted something in there by now if they could.

Back to top Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 5 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by ourchickenshack Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:36 pm

No issue at all Bryan , we are very grateful for all the help you are giving us cheers

We want everyone to tell us the good , the bad and the ugly of what they see here - it's the only way we can improve Very Happy

So get your shovel out and keep digging around - we really appreciate all yours and everyone else's help bowwing
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:30 pm

Well, I said I think I am done for the most part (probably most of the mods relieved by that  lol! ) but I do have a smart phone and haven't tried it on there yet.  May check this out through there and see if there is any differences for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:30 pm

Alright, I tried the cell phone. While on the cell phone I had an option for mobile version or classic version so I was able to switch back and forth easily and when in classic version the mobile version button was at the very bottom right of the screen in tiny lettering so may want to make a note of that for people.

I was able to start a thread and write text while in mobile version, however I was unable in mobile version to even see a way to attach pictures. I looked through clint's pic thread and it doesn't address the mobile version. So I switched to classic version. While in classic version I had the options just as I do on the iPad so either the forum host or the attach image under the post thing (didn't do photobucket). I was able to access my phone pictures, but it wouldn't allow them to be attached. Not sure why? It kept saying photo not opened and would go back to the message but wouldn't allow the photo either way I tried. I know it works on the iPad as I was able to load a pic in another thread. I am using a Samsung which says it is an android 4.4.2 SGH-T399N model. If any ideas on how to do it I will try it again on the phone, but in the mobile version the thing Daren mentioned with the chat banner, it is huge and takes up a lot of the screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:49 am

Bryan, I don't have a smart phone. I still use 2 paper cups on the end of a long string. lol!

I will make note of the problems and let the mechanics know. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26810
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:11 am

Commander Clint wrote: Bryan, I don't have a smart phone. I still use 2 paper cups on the end of a long string. lol!

Same here Bryan - Clint and I both refuse to come into the modern age lol!

I have a dumb phone (flip phone) and I can barely figure out how to use it ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

st00pid

The mechanics are on the case though yay
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Akial Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:08 am

ourchickenshack wrote:
Commander Clint wrote: Bryan, I don't have a smart phone.  I still use 2 paper cups on the end of a long string. lol!

st00pid

But who is operating the PC for you? still mum or one of the chicks??? cheeky
Akial
Akial
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 745
Focus : loose variants, customizing, cardboard playsets, Ugnaught

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:39 am

Akial wrote:But who is operating the PC for you? still mum or one of the chicks??? cheeky

lol!

My wife has to help me a lot Embarassed

That monkey types faster then me bananarock
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:32 am

trappedtexan wrote:
ChristianC wrote:Great stuff pointing this out Bryan! We need to get you on the Tantive payroll with the amount of feedback you are giving us!

It's not an issue right?  I have been told no and was told to test the place as that is why I was brought before public release.  Testing for the most part is done I think.  Don't have much more feedback to give on functionality at the moment.  The problem seems to be sorted as Marco said, other than in the bottom of the library is a project thread that I was under assumption was going to be public type projects.  Members still can't post in that presumably because it is in the library.  Since that is where you want the prototype stuff I assume Steve and Oli would have posted something in there by now if they could.

Absolutely not mate, quite the opposite. I was paying you a compliment Smile
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6848
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:33 am

Ian_C wrote:
Commander Clint wrote:
And here is our Princess Leia -Bespin Gown card from our focus collector Jay.  But still not entirely complete.   And the only way to do that is to have help from the collecting community.  For example, I can help Jay with some of my Canadian card backs, I just need some time to get some pictures taken and uploaded to discussion thread.  I have Canadian 31B & 41B card backs to add.

I have the Canadian 31A, and several other Canadian cardback MOC's.  If it can wait until after Christmas, I can take shots of some of mine that are needed for the board.  My SW room doubles as Xmas gift hiding spot, as it's the one room in the house with a separate lock that only I have a key for, so right now it's hard to access my MOC's. Wink

In fact, since we're on the topic, I have a list of what I own.  Fair warning, some have been autographed (all in person with me present, so they're all legit), and that was done in my younger days, so I don't know if that'll make those less desirable as reference pieces.  Let me know what you guys need as far as Canadian cardbacks go.

12A

Ben Kenobi
Tusken Raider (autographed)
used to have R2-D2, but had to sell it last spring Sad

12B

Chewbacca (autographed)

12C (GDE)

DS Commander

12D (GDE)

Darth Vader (autographed)

20A

Snaggletooth

20B

DS Droid

31A

Leia Bespin
Luke Bespin
Bossk
White Bespin Guard

31B

FX-7

41B

2-1B
Boba Fett (autographed)

41C

Han Hoth
Snowtrooper

C-3PO (removable limbs)

Ugnaught

65A

Bib Fortuna
Nien Nunb (autographed)
Weequay

65B

Pruneface

Leia Endor
Paploo
Teebo

All the rest I have on US cards, so let me know what may be missing, and I can look to see if I have any needed.

Ian

This would be great Ian!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by olisuds Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:27 pm

Did you change the forum / subforum layout? I liked it much better before. Not keen on the hidden subforums like they have on TIG right now.
olisuds
olisuds
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 88
Focus : Pre production

Back to top Go down

Post by olisuds Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:36 pm

Also just thought I'd try out the picture uploading. I waited quite a while and then it said the picture size was too large. 2.5mb is really pretty small for pictures these days. I don't think I have many pictures under 2.5mb. I think this really is a key issue to work on if you are to bridge the gap with facebook.

Also might be an idea if you only provided one notifications for responses to threads until it's was checked as now i have 102 notifications since last time I visited.
olisuds
olisuds
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:04 pm

olisuds wrote:Did you change the forum / subforum layout? I liked it much better before. Not keen on the hidden subforums like they have on TIG right now.

Good to see you here Oli!

We have been experimented with the layout as we had some feedback that it looks a bit too busy. But at the moment everything is just a test really to see what you guys would prefer.

Thanks for the feedback and hopefully others can let us know what they think of the layout?
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:06 pm

olisuds wrote:Also just thought I'd try out the picture uploading. I waited quite a while and then it said the picture size was too large. 2.5mb is really pretty small for pictures these days. I don't think I have many pictures under 2.5mb. I think this really is a key issue to work on if you are to bridge the gap with facebook.

Also might be an idea if you only provided one notifications for responses to threads until it's was checked as now i have 102 notifications since last time I visited.

Hey Oli I'm not the most technical guy so can't really give you a proper answer. What function were you using to upload pics though? You mean the direct photo attachment function? I use the 'insert image' option in the toolbar and copy the direct link URL from my photos in photobucket.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by olisuds Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:24 pm

Hi Christian, I was trying to use the attach file tool that's below. I host my pictures on Rebelscum right now but the whole uploading and hosting pictures is a hassle and thats where facebook has an advantage of being able to upload pictures instantly. 2.441 MB upload limit is very small in my opinion. Even the photos on my phone are much larger than that. I also tried the picture hosting button but it didn't appear to work either. Is there a size limit on that too?
olisuds
olisuds
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:26 pm

Hmm I've attached stuff with no problems so not sure. I'll get one of the more intelligent guys to work out what's going on Smile
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
Commander Clint wrote: Bryan, I don't have a smart phone.  I still use 2 paper cups on the end of a long string. lol!

st00pid

Add me to the list. I only started texting 3 years ago, and that was only because I was on a job site where I was tired of running up and down 8 flights of stairs whenever I heard the foreman was looking for me. My current phone is one of those with the mini pop out keyboard, with no internet connection at all.

As far as I am concerned, "smart" phones are greatly contributing to the "dumbing" down of society. People just can't pull their faces away from those tiny screens, and it's caused so many horrendous decisions, socially as well.

And this?

I first thought it was this. What a scary similarity.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:44 pm

Smartphone zombies....

My physio told me that smartphones are causing a huge amount of neck injuries because people are always looking down at them. Not to mention that they are causing adult acquired ADHD....

ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:36 pm

Don't get me wrong guys, I don't usually use the crap on the smart phone, I just have one since my old phone wont work on the system anymore.

I used to use an old nokia 3100 forever and refused to go to newer phones until the cell company forced me.

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:45 pm

olisuds wrote:Did you change the forum / subforum layout? I liked it much better before. Not keen on the hidden subforums like they have on TIG right now.

Same here Oli - I really preferred it the way it was before but , as Christian said , we had others that seemed to think it was too much . I guess we're just trying to experiment and come up with a happy compromise for everyone Very Happy

I think sometimes it might be the smartphone thing that makes a difference to how people see and/or like it because of the tiny screens scratch Since I don't have a smartphone and the only screen I view the internet on is my home computer , I can't judge what it looks like to those that use smartphones banghead2

I can get use to whatever way the majority approves of though cheers

Hopefully we can find a way to do it that will at least make everyone slightly happy lol!
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:59 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
I think sometimes it might be the smartphone thing that makes a difference to how people see and/or like it because of the tiny screens scratch  Since I don't have a smartphone and the only screen I view the internet on is my home computer , I can't judge what it looks like to those that use smartphones banghead2

I know I was one who suggested it was too much, and I'm viewing it on a 27" desktop computer monitor.

I just want to clarify I suggested it not because I thought there was too much on the screen, but rather there were too many options spreading out the conversation.

Hypothetical situation using exaggerated numbers, used for illustration only to get my thought process across. If you have, say, 100 posts a day, spread across 25 subforums, you're looking at 4 posts a day per subforum, or lots of posts in 2-3 subforums, and 22 subforums that are relatively unused. Either way, the impression is the forum is dead and people drift away.

Using the same hypothetical 100 posts per day, but spread across 10 subforums, you are now looking at 10 posts per day per subforum, or a ton of posts in 2-3 subforums, and only 7 or so with little traffic. You have the same number of daily posts for the entire site, but one gives the impression of a healthy, well used board, and the other looks like a ghost town.

Does that make sense? The ghost town look, by the way, will appear that way if you have those 25 subforums spread out on the main forum index page, or if you have 10 main categories on the main index page with a bunch of subforums attached to them. You need to give the impression of a lot of traffic, especially in the early days, or people will lose interest and just go back to where they came from, which you guys will be struggling with regardless since most people don't like much change from what they're used to.

I hope I didn't complicate my thoughts too much.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:10 pm

That makes perfect sense Ian , I can certainly see your point cheers

This is a issue I can go either way on and will get use to whatever the general consensus is ... as long as you guys don't make me get a smartphone lol!

BTW - I don't even text on phones . My little flip phone has the ability but I had my wife make T-Mobile turn off the text function on my phone so no one could text me cheeky

She texts on her phone some but if anyone want's to talk to me thay have to make a good old fashioned phone call lol!
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:59 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:if anyone want's to talk to me thay have to make a good old fashioned phone call lol!

Generally, I'm the same. I mostly text with my wife only, and only a couple of friends. I far prefer conversations on the phone. Of course, the texting with my wife is because I hear enough of her in my ear as it is. lol!

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Ian_C wrote:
Maybe send me the full list of what you want in a PM, so I can easily retrieve it when the time comes, so I am not digging around this thread looking for it.

I`ve seen the grey background.  I don`t have anything that matches that, unfortunately, but I take pics of things on a white blanket. Should be easy to replace that with photoshop I would imagine (which is one thing I can`t do, as I don`t currently have a working photo editing software program).

I also noticed you guys have no Droids or Ewoks figures yet.  While my carded ones were sold a few months ago (still crying about that pale ), I still have all of them loose and complete.  Well, except Vlix, lol.

Ian

Ian, sorry for the late reply. I've been scrambling with work for the last couple of days.

I will definitely send you a PM when we set up and get started on the team projects of MOC's, with the information we will be collecting from them as well.

I have a big piece of gray cloth that James sent me. I should be able to share a piece from it. And I have extra pieces of the gray crafting foam sheets that I've been using as well. Everyone's background colour is a little bit different anyway. Just as long as it's mid shade gray, anything should be good.

I think the team would love to have the Droids and Ewoks lines added into the Library. I don't think anyone has any of them at the moment.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26810
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by olisuds Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:27 pm

The problem is there aren't really any less sub forums it's just they are more hidden and you need to press more buttons to get to them. I really liked the original open and visible layout. You've changed it similar to the way TIG did which kind of hides stuff and makes it less visible which is going to ultimately effect traffic. Personally I think TIG messed up the layout doing this.

I still can't get my head around the instant picture uploading either. Perhaps it's the size of photos or using a Mac.
olisuds
olisuds
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top