!!!! Bossk Toxic Green Limbs !!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

!!!! Bossk Toxic Green Limbs !!!!!!!!!    - Page 2 Empty Re: !!!! Bossk Toxic Green Limbs !!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:12 pm

This is not a pch bossk. I am on the iPad so I don't have the ability to highlight the main areas you need to look at. Basically on the limbs at the elbow area on the front you will see on the poch bossk (all of the ones I have ever seen including the auction one) there is a small half circle area that should be painted green that is not. This is on all of them. There are a few other tells also, but the biggest tell is the degradation of the limbs on yours. Look through eBay at vintage bossk and note that every single one that has degraded limbs will have a green tint to the arm paint. The limbs goes lighter and makes it look greener, but not the same toxic green as the poch.

Back to top Go down

!!!! Bossk Toxic Green Limbs !!!!!!!!!    - Page 2 Empty Re: !!!! Bossk Toxic Green Limbs !!!!!!!!!

Post by parra72 Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:15 pm

ChristianC wrote:
parra72 wrote:
ChristianC wrote:Mate please tell me that "Parra72" doesn't mean you're a Parramatta Eels fan?

Ha ha yes mate. Disappointed one today too!

I'm a Wests Tigers fan...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a mad Parra fan.

I guess neither of us are happy with the weekend's results then!!
parra72
parra72
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:18 pm

I haven't watched the game yet....I live in Holland and generally don't watch the games until a few days later.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6848
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by parra72 Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:22 pm

ChristianC wrote:I haven't watched the game yet....I live in Holland and generally don't watch the games until a few days later.

Oops sorry.
parra72
parra72
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:23 pm

parra72 wrote:
ChristianC wrote:I haven't watched the game yet....I live in Holland and generally don't watch the games until a few days later.

Oops sorry.

Haha no worries mate. They're a shit team anyway....
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by parra72 Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:34 pm

trappedtexan wrote:This is not a pch bossk.  I am on the iPad so I don't have the ability to highlight the main areas you need to look at.  Basically on the limbs at the elbow area on the front you will see on the poch bossk (all of the ones I have ever seen including the auction one) there is a small half circle area that should be painted green that is not.  This is on all of them.  There are a few other tells also, but the biggest tell is the degradation of the limbs on yours.  Look through eBay at vintage bossk and note that every single one that has degraded limbs will have a green tint to the arm paint.  The limbs goes lighter and makes it look greener, but not the same toxic green as the poch.  

Thanks for that info. It just seems strange that the green paint on the arms is identical colour to the feet. Do all the limbs degrade in colour to green so evenly?
In regards to the elbow paint. Do you know how these are painted? On my one I can see they have painted a bit on the sleeve itself accidentally. So if hand painted then couldn't some be not painted enough and some painted too much (human error). Especially when there are so few examples to compare to. The one on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] looks like is painted more similar to the mine than the one in the auction.
I'd like to see an example of a non poch one which the limbs have all turned green like this one if anyone has one? Thanks guys  Smile
parra72
parra72
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by parra72 Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:15 am

I don't want to admit defeat (ha ha) so I took some photos with the other worn Bossk's that I have. None of the others of similar have limbs anything like the green limbs on this one.  Everyone I've seen which is degrading to a green colour still looks brown with a greenish tinge. Where this one appears to be a pistachio like green. The red has completely worn off the lips and pretty much completely around the neck.

Maybe I'll just list it on eBay as possibly a Poch figure and let bidders decide?!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
parra72
parra72
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:42 pm

I will adnmit it looks more poch like standing next to others. If it is considered legit then you said it has the wrong coo as well as having a different spray mask used for the limbs themselves. The spray mask on the poch bossks I have seen covers a small part of the arm below the cuff leaving a semi circle on every example I have seen that is not degraded limbs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here we see the two carded examples I have seen, One from wolff's site and the other from a recent facebook sale, both have the semi circle and non degraded limbs. Then we have the loose examples, all of them have this semi circle except the far right one in Kenneths 3 in a row pic. The one that is missing the semi circle also has very degraded limbs. Kenneth said this was a poch also. But even this example I think has the correct coo. I haven't seen a single one with the wrong coo.

Back to top Go down

Post by parra72 Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:09 pm

Thanks again Bryan. Yes it's very strange. Hopefully it is some super rare variant.. Very Happy
I might just put it up on eBay and just see what happens. Ill make it clear in the listing about the coo markings and just see what people think. Will just say "possibly a poch" and let the market decide its' worth.
Other than eBay is there anywhere else you would suggest advertising it so that the 'right' people/collectors see it?
Once again I appreciate your input.
parra72
parra72
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chancellor_Peter Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

May I know why does your Bossk in this picture have a Yellow collar?  A factory mistake or the Red Color paint has been stripped?

parra72 wrote:Hi Guys, Sorry to bother you but I saw that auction on eBay and found I have this one from a collection I bought. Does this look like a toxic green Bossk to you? It has different COO markings and it's not in as good condition but would be interested to know if it is valuable or not.
Thanks for your time.
Chancellor_Peter
Chancellor_Peter
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 524
Location : Somewhere out there in the Outer Rim Territories....
Focus : Mint In Box Vehicles, Playsets, Display Stands, Loose & Complete figures and Variants, 1985 POTF Coins and TESB MOC figures

Back to top Go down

Post by parra72 Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:02 am

Chancellor_Peter wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

May I know why does your Bossk in this picture have a Yellow collar?  A factory mistake or the Red Color paint has been stripped?

Hi, I think the red paint has possibly just worn off over time or I guess been stripped (I assume you mean removed?). If you look at the second 2 photos I put up on the first page there is some pinky colour between the head and torso. and a little bit on the back of the collar which leads me to believe the collar was originally red as were the lips. Of course these are just guesses as I only acquired this figure in a big lot a couple of weeks back. It was in this state when I got it. Thanks.
parra72
parra72
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by HWR Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:12 am

Sergio's is at £ 1200 at the moment with still 5 days and 16 hours left. Shocked At that prize, I'm ALMOST considering selling my example (the middle one from Kenneth's trio). Smile
HWR
HWR
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 220
Focus : loose variations (Kenner and foreign licensed)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:35 am

parra72 wrote:
Other than eBay is there anywhere else you would suggest advertising it so that the 'right' people/collectors see it?

You could try to sell it here first and see how it goes? We have a good chunk of the hobby's leading variant collectors on board.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Chancellor_Peter Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:43 pm

parra72 wrote:Hi, I think the red paint has possibly just worn off over time or I guess been stripped (I assume you mean removed?).  If you look at the second 2 photos I put up on the first page there is some pinky colour between the head and torso. and a little bit on the back of the collar which leads me to believe the collar was originally red as were the lips. Of course these are just guesses as I only acquired  this figure in a big lot a couple of weeks back. It was in this state when I got it. Thanks.

Thank you for the clarification parra72. Reason I asked is because the red paint looks as if it been removed or worn off, if POCH has used very poor quality paint that can flake off easily over the years.
Chancellor_Peter
Chancellor_Peter
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 524
Location : Somewhere out there in the Outer Rim Territories....
Focus : Mint In Box Vehicles, Playsets, Display Stands, Loose & Complete figures and Variants, 1985 POTF Coins and TESB MOC figures

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:02 am

Para72: Welcome on board of Tantive XI. Very Happy

A similar looking Bossk having dark green limbs and a different COO is on its way from Spain. Upon arrival I will make some comparison pics with his confirmed Poch brother.

BTW: following the auction with interest. I had expected the ending price to be in the 900-1000 $ range. But demand seems to be much higher.
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:30 pm

parra72, the green on yours is brighter than you'd expect from degradation, but looking at the discoloration in head and arm plastic, and the serious paint loss, especially reds and blacks, I'd be inclined to suggest severe degradation.

For your info, degradation can be uniform throughout all the material. Chewbacca's green limbs are one example, as is the purple Ugnaught apron, which uniformly turns from its original blue with age.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:54 pm

Just arrived from Spain.
Can you guess what it is?

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

Answer and some more explanation which might be usefull for this thread in a few hours after dinner. Very Happy
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:10 pm

it looks like a degraded bossk but I hope im wrong ,,,, cant wait to hear more

popcorn popcorn
hellhippie
hellhippie
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:30 pm

I've learnt so much from Marco's posts over the last 3 years, I can't wait to hear popcorn
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:16 pm

Here some pics of the same figure from Spain...

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

The paint looks like that of the toxic green Bossk. So that's why I bought it.

I didn't mind the different COO: 2 line COO instead of 4 line COO which is found for the toxic green Bossk.
Why not? Because the second type of early PBP ("Poch") Bossk (the one having the greenish brown limbs ≠ toxic green limbs!!!) has this 2 line COO as well.
Understanding the early production process in the PBP factory (merely importing unpainted parts from the Far East and subsequently painting and welding them), it can be imagined that at a certain stage some of the 2-line COO limbs were painted with the toxic green paint.

But is that the case here?…..

(more tomorrow).
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by solance4ever Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:56 pm

Marco, this figure is Kenner. Coo, Paint (White and Green), all is Kenner. Spain? No...The Seller its possible...(I know the seller) But the figure found in Spain?? No, no....
solance4ever
solance4ever
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 40
Focus : PBP Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:11 pm

Hi Sergio,

Though this figure may look like the toxic green variant, it is not so indeed.
it is clear when making a comparison shot with his toxic green brothers.
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:18 pm

I will make these comparison pics when back home.

I can already reassure you that the real toxic green Poch Bossk is clearly different when for instance comparing the green shades.  
Also from all the toxic green Bossks which are for sale right now on ebay there is only one auction with the real deal from Sergio. The rest are copy cats who want to earn a quick bug with degraded figures.
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:54 pm

Ok, below are some comparison pictures with the figure which has just arrived from Spain and which SEEMED to have toxic green limbs at first glance.
The comparison also includes two genuine Poch Toxic Green Bossk figures to clearly demonstrate the differences.

From left to right we have:

1. Early PBP (Poch) Toxic Green Bossk. 4 line COO.
2. Early PBP (Poch) Toxic Green Bossk. 4 line COO.
3 Newly arrived figure from Spain. 2 line COO.
4 Early PBP (Poch) Greenish Brown Bossk. 2 line COO. This Poch variant was described earlier here.
5 Kenner Bossk. 2 line COO.
[700]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/700]
When comparing the shades of green it is clear that the green of the newly arrived figure is somewhere between the Greenish Brown Poch Bossk (4th from the left) and the Toxic Green Poch Bossk (1st and 2nd from the left).
Note that the Kenner figure is clearly different having much browner painted limbs.  

To me it looks like the newly arrived figure has undergone some serious discoloration. Look at the pale yellow of the torso, the orange (instead of bright red) collar, etc. So probably it is safe to assume that the lighter green limbs on this figure are due to discoloration too. The figure is a transformant, comparable with other transformants like the green torso Dengar, the yellow face Rebel Soldier, etc. .
With so much discoloration it is difficult to judge whether this figure is a transformant from the Kenner figure or from the Greenish Brown Poch figure. When comparing the details of the paint apps - especally the white paint - with a magnifying glass, I assume this figure was a Greenish Brown Poch Bossk once in its life time before seeing too much Spanish sun. But I can't rule out a Kenner figure 100%. It is also not that important to be honest, the important thing is to realize that this figure is a transformant.

So here we were looking at a figure which at first glance SEEMED to have toxic green paint applied. First upon close examination with confirmed Toxic Green Bossk figures, it appeared that this figure was a transformant.
For me that is OK, cause I did not pay a high price for this figure. And it served its research purpose very well.

Nobody wants to pay a premium for some of the “light green Poch/PBP? Bossk” figures which are currently listed on ebay but which are just plain (Kenner) transformants.
At the moment there is only one genuine Poch Toxic Green Bossk on ebay and that is Sergio’s.

TAKE HOME MESSAGE: Be very careful when buying Toxic Green Poch Bossk variants. Only buy from trusted collectors to avoid that you end up with an expensive  light green transformant.
In case of doubt just approach fellow Poch collectors like Javi, Kenneth, Sergio,….

Cheers Very Happy
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:44 am

Great information Marco - hopefully this will clear up some of the confusion about this cool variant cheers
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top