Movie collection, dvd bluray, feel free to add your own

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Movie collection, dvd bluray, feel free to add your own - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie collection, dvd bluray, feel free to add your own

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:18 pm

Love the Boosh - we have all 3 seasons on dvd cheers

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Movie collection, dvd bluray, feel free to add your own - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie collection, dvd bluray, feel free to add your own

Post by grinchy Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:28 pm

I just bought the first two seasons of mighty boosh, not watched it yet, Our Daughter gave Karen a nice unit, five minutes after she brought it in i had nabbed it for the collection, she doesn't really mind , Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5938

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:29 pm

So i bought a few more sets for the collection, first up Battle Royale  special edition dvd set, yeah i know its a not a bluray, but the set looked great so went for it, has loads of special features and two booklets on the making of the film. I've only seen it once before but i remember it being brutal Very Happy Very Happy

Heres what you get 3 discs, postcards, a poster,etc

Next up the howling blu ray Steel book, loved the first couple of movies, i think i've seen the others but they were not that great, this first movie is a favourite, great fx, great story, just a decent movie

Finally a last minute bid on a set of four steel books, i loved transformers the movie, i remember going the cinema to see it, and yes optimus dies but i can forgive them, lol, so this was the main draw of the set, not seen the other 3 but for £25.00 delivered i thought it was worth a punt

grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:15 pm

Great new additions Ian cheers

Love the Howling - I have it on dvd .

Finally bought a blu-ray player and have picked up 20 or so blu-rays . 1st 3 Halloweens , Friday 13th 1-8 & the remake , Freddy vs Jason , The Shining , Evil Dead 1 & 2 , Army of Darkness , Trick R Treat , Dawn of The Dead (original) , Mad Maxx Fury Road and Flash Gordon .

I believe all mine are just standard editions . I'm a bit confused by all the more expensive versions - steele book , scream factory , vinegar syndrome etc ... scratch

What's the difference to standard editions ?
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:57 pm

Hello mate, nice job getting a blu ray player, as for the differences in standard editions, there's loads more special features and behind the scenes stuff on the special editions, but if your not that bothered about that there are standard editions of most movies you can pick up, as for steelbooks they are just metal cases, fancy packaging, i have about 25 now, i pick them up when i get a good deal on them, as they can get pricey especially for new editions
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:11 pm

just bought this, we love the rocks movies, hope its good
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:43 pm

So jungle cruise was not good, turned it off halfway through, never mind, can't like them all, shame as we usually like Dwayne's content, i've been skint lately so did a couple of trades with other blu ray collectors for some new stuff
first up another couple of steel books for my hobbit movie collection

Then one i picked up on ebay, the force awakens bluray steel book, cheap as chips

then lastly another trade, i have the first three seasons on dvd, never seen the fourth

grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:30 am

Some great Blu Ray pick ups Ian. I loved the first 2 seasons of Heroes, when it first came out. It kind of went a bit weird after that. But I should give season 3 another go. Can't remember if I've seen season 4 scratch

Last edited by chris.75 on Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10001
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:43 pm

Cheers mate, yeah i liked the show, need to rewatch it all really, that'll take a while
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:37 pm

So i got a couple more steel books on the way, first up Predator the first and best movie
then trek 3 love the artwork on these discs
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:00 am

So i have a couple more blurays coming for Christmas, first up bond, we really enjoyed this movie, not everyone's cup of tea i know, but i feel it was a fitting send off for Daniel

next up my film of the year, ghostbusters afterlife, such a great movie, hit all the right notes for me, this one isn't coming out till feb, but i don't mind the wait

And finally another steel book for the collection, the matrix, just in time for the new movie coming out soon

grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:15 pm

I did a trade for the last of my laserdiscs and got a couple of cool titles
first up the 4k steel book set of Indiana Jones, a lovely set with great artwork, i haven't made the jump to 4k, but there are bluray discs for each movie included in the set which play great
next a steelbook of venom 2 let there be carnage, love the artwork on the outer sleeve
and the steel book itself

next up an oddity i picked up on ebay, a bluray that looks like a vhs! cool little idea, they did a few of them for different movies, might pick up a couple more, haven't seen the movie in years, comes with a couple of trading cards and a small poster

lastly an avengers steelbook, sniped it at the last minute for a few pounds, has a ding but i can live with that
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:20 am

Love the Venom artwork and the Beverly Hills "VHS Tape" is really cool cheers
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:37 pm

cheers mate, yeah its a neat little idea
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by arohk Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:22 pm

WOW very awesome collections there all, I never got into collecting movie's my self I figured having 5 different collecting hobbies was enough lol.

If there are any you guy's are looking for let me know as we have a lot of shop's here in the city that sell movie's. I added a  link to the one with a website and photo's of a of the larger one that has no website.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1555
Focus : started on a baggie collection and lil ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:33 pm

thanks Larry
Looks a decent place, unfortunately shipping over here would be to expensive, but i'm sure that the guys on your side of the pond would like it,
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:43 pm

Very cool new additions to your movie collection Ian. That Venom artwork is badass afro
Love the VHS style Blu Ray case too. I wonder how the 4k disc compares in sound and picture quality compared to streaming it on Disney+
I have a Blu Ray player, obviously the 4K streaming is better than that. But I'm curious about the 4K disc. In theory, I suppose it should be better.
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:59 am

Hey Chris
Glad you like the discs, as for 4k i haven't made the jump yet, i've seen a few demonstrations instore of 4k and apart from the really high end tvs and players i've yet to see much difference between it and bluray, i have a 57 inch tv with a bluray player which has been brilliant these last couple of years, once that goes i'll think about 4k, but i won't be shelling out over a grand for a new tv, can't justify that at the moment
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:54 pm

So heres more of my january buys, first up Laurel and Hardy box set, picked up in a charity shop, loved the movies growing up, so will enjoy these

next up another Vhs case, this time back to the future, really love this it takes me back to having the movie on Vhs, loved it as a kid

Next up an ebay win four steelbooks, got these for a good price

grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:12 pm

Those are some great new additions Ian. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26790
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:47 pm

Yeah i love the laurel & Hardy box set. The BTTF VHS case is awesome too Cool
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:39 am

Thanks guys, really pleased with how the collection is growing, like star wars i'm out of room, but that doesn't stop me Very Happy
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:46 pm

A couple weeks ago I was searching ebay for cheap blu rays and just typed in John Carpenter Blu Ray lot . A lot of 10 Scream factory blu rays popped up and , since the seller only had "John Carpenter Blu Ray lot" for his auction title, I was able to get it cheap - probably a 1/3 of what they would normally sell for What a Face

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]
[800][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/800]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:04 am

Some crackers there James rockon I love John Carpenter films cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:23 am

Wow that was a great pick up James. Some absolute classics in there mate clapping
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top