And that, my friends, is the end of the motherf*cking u-grade menace!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

And that, my friends, is the end of the motherf*cking u-grade menace!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: And that, my friends, is the end of the motherf*cking u-grade menace!!!!!

Post by ChristianC Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:17 am

I know it's not SW but this one killed me.... Kinda funny and sad at the same time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6848
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

And that, my friends, is the end of the motherf*cking u-grade menace!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: And that, my friends, is the end of the motherf*cking u-grade menace!!!!!

Post by Commander Clint Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:25 pm

Like the artist said in the interview. He found the comics in the trash bin. So he thought the comics weren't worth anything. Sad
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26790
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:54 am

It is interesting though, so few comics have that wild spike in price, often it's more about the first appearance or story content much more than the age/publisher of the book.

Funny how we value things so differently based on these factors. Like with comics, just move over to the next issue and the price drop is steep.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:40 pm

As a card back collector, I'm seeing more and more massive lots of card backs with bubbles still attached / and or loose, on both Ebay & Facebook.  I have sneaking suspicion that 99% of what is available is from the U-Graded submissions.

We all know accidents happen.  MOC's get dropped and the bubble pops off, or partially off.  Stuff like that would produce a few.  I even own a couple of examples, where I know that the MOC had been dropped.
Our very good friend Larry (arohk) had a Han Trench Coat fall due to an earthquake and the figure popped out.

But not in the amounts that I'm seeing.

I just can't bring myself to buy any of these, just for a minty card back.  It would make me feel dirty knowing these are in my collection.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:09 am

Yeah mate I reckon your suspicion is well-founded....
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6848
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:31 pm

ChristianC wrote:Yeah mate I reckon your suspicion is well-founded....

I don't know if card back collectors don't care, because the damage has already been done.  But I'm going to start posing the question to some of the bigger card back collectors.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top