Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron Empty Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron

Post by Captain Antilles Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:01 pm

It's with a very heavy heart that I have some extremely sad news to share with you all.

We have lost a fellow vintage collector, moderator, founding member of the Tantive XI forum and most importantly, a very good friend to us all here at Tantive XI. Steve Pullman (aka "cantina_patron") passed away on March 17, 2018 at his home at the age of 46. Steve passed away too soon and sadly leaves behind his beloved daughter Beth.

Steve was an incredibly well-respected member of the vintage community, not just for his incredible knowledge but also for his willingness to impart this knowledge onto his fellow collectors. Here’s an example of his efforts to improve our collecting knowledge – a fantastic and informative article on variant collecting:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Before helping set up the TantiveXI forum, Steve was a moderator over at The Imperial Gunnery forum, where he ran the very popular ‘details’ competition.

If you didn't know Steve, check out his profile below from the "Meet the TXI Team" thread.

Screen Name: cantina_patron
Position: Moderator

Steve has been a Star Wars fan from the star & avidly collected the action figures throughout their original release. Steve's first figure was R2-D2 on a Palitoy 12 back card. Steve kept his childhood collection and got back into collecting while at university in 1994 after discovering a little shop selling film & tv related toys. Steve initially set out to acquire the five last 17 characters missing from his original collection & upgrade ’played with’ figures. Steve then expanded into loose variants and bargain moc’s. Steve is currently focusing on completeing a loose Lili Ledy set, Jawa variants (loose & moc) and cardbacks, particularly Stormtroopers.

One of Steve’s most cherished SW memories was seeing the original film at the cinema with his dad. After the film finished they stayed in their seats & watched it again!

Steve has a wonderful daughter. His free time (when not involved with SW) is spent looking after a number of exotic pets (including snakes), fishing and listening to rock music.
Captain Antilles
Captain Antilles
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 330

Back to top Go down

Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron Empty Re: Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron

Post by poncho Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:06 pm

very young too leave us and very sad news.

RIP steve
poncho
poncho
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1951

Back to top Go down

Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron Empty Re: Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron

Post by Commander Clint Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:18 pm

My friend Steve.  You were always lurking in the back ground on the forums.  Quietly dispensing your vintage knowledge and always willing to help out anyone that needed it.  You always did it with respect and never had a bad thing to say about anyone on what & how they collected.

One of the earliest memories I have of you, is over at TIG.  You where running one of the "Detail Games".  Here is one final game piece for you.

[100][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/100]

Since then, we've gotten to know each other very well.  We would chat on Skype, so it was like being there in person.  I had always hoped that one day we would be able to meet in person and have a pint or three.

Rest in Peace my friend.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26790
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:32 pm

I also have fond memories of Steve hosting the detail game, he was a great quizmaster, there was good humour and it was enjoyed by all who took part.
I've always admired the way Steve conducted himself as a MOD (and a person) both here and previously at TIG. He was a level headed guy, polite and courteous to everyone and always willing to share his vast knowledge of the hobby.
I sadly did not get the pleasure to meet or speak to Steve in person but we shared many PM's over the years discussing Vintage Star Wars, life, music and many other things. I was fascinated by some of his exotic pets (snakes, spiders) which he was also very knowledgeable about.
RIP brother you will be greatly missed but never forgotten  Sad
[100][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/100]
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:45 pm

Fucking hell. Never thought I would have to post something like this on Tantive..... How do you find the right words to honour a bloke like Steve? He was such a gentle soul and rarely had a negative word to say about anyone - and that's no easy feat in our hobby... I first met Steve when I began collecting in 2013 and he was part of the TIG admin team. I was more of a lurker there, and didn't know many other collectors but whenever I did post, he usually managed to post a friendly response. I then got to know him a lot better when we both helped start up Tantive XI. Steve was a massively important member of our team and his laid-back personality was essential to our team dynamic and a great counter-balance to some of us more intense personalities... I didn't meet Steve in person but we did chat many times during our team Skype sessions, where somehow he managed not to murder Alex after the General decided to wave a Rambo knife around like the lunatic that he is. Steve's daughter Beth used to make some appearances as well, and it was so obvious by their body language how much they loved each other. Even though Steve has had a tough couple of years, he still managed to be caring to all of us through all of our health and personal dramas. He rarely complained about his own problems... A lot of collectors may not realise this, but Steve was one of the most knowledgeable collectors in the hobby, part of which he showcased in his 'Variant Collecting 101" article. But typically, Steve was modest about his knowledge and his massive collection, something a lot of our colleagues in our hobby could learn from him. I will miss you Steve. Thank you for the friendship you have given me and the other Tantive mods. May you rest in peace.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6848
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:59 pm

Very sad news, he always seemed a decent guy, sorry to hear this news, may he rest in peace
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5938

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:41 am

Very heartbreaking news indeed . As with so many others , Steve was a great friend of mine . His good nature and humbleness can not be overstated - a true gentlemen in every sense of the word . His knowledge of the hobby was impressive but the person he really was is what made him a friend . Steve will be dearly missed Crying or Very sad
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:29 pm

Awful news, remember him from TIG. Always sad to see a fellow collector go, far too young.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by poncho Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:46 am

shared on the swfuk board if thats ok
poncho
poncho
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:50 am

Thanks Poncho, yeah no worries mate.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJabbaWookiee Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:10 pm

Very sad news... and so young. I didn’t know him but have read many of his knowledgeable posts on Tantive since joining
TheJabbaWookiee
TheJabbaWookiee
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaketibe Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:51 pm

I didn't know Steve myself, but it is always very sad when a fellow collector and forum member passes. He was clearly very well liked and respected. My condolences to his friends and family.
Snaketibe
Snaketibe
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:18 pm

For some of our UK brothers.  Steve was known to drop by Farthest From, every once in a while.  You may have meet him, and didn't know it. There is a picture of Steve, hanging out in the background of one of the events.

Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26790
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by mini99 Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:31 pm

I can’t really add to the great comments that have already been written, as I did not know Steve.
From reading  these it’s clear to see what a great collector, moderator, friend and father he was.
A very sad day indeed, please accept my condolences.
He maybe gone but not forgotten, as I am sure everyone that knew him will keep his memory alive.
mini99
mini99
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 115

Back to top Go down

Post by Akial Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Very sad News to hear. Didn't knew Steve well but we had a conversation about one of his last threads here on TantiveXI. So I just learned to know him as an very kind and helpful collector who kept a very open minded attitude towards collecting. I liked that very much. RIP Steve.
Akial
Akial
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 745
Focus : loose variants, customizing, cardboard playsets, Ugnaught

Back to top Go down

Post by arohk Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:20 pm

Damn I picked the wrong day to read this, hell no day is good to hear about this. I have so many good memories about Steve, he was always there to answer questions or give insight on some item's when I needed it. There are key people on here and TIG who I don't consider friend's to me they are family. Steve was definitely in that list and he will be missed. I know he is kicking back with Carrie, Sir Alex and all the rest talking about his love of Star Wars Smile. My only regret was not meeting him face to face kicking back with a cold one. RIP brother

arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1555
Focus : started on a baggie collection and lil ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by frunkstar Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Devastating news, I am totally & utterly in shock, Steve was one of the real good guys of the hobby, a mind of useful information & always willing to help his fellow collector selflessly, I have spoke with him a fair bit in the past & always found him to be a real pleasure to discuss our shared love of vintage with, I sadly never had the honor of meeting Steve face to face, but I will miss him, it's really brought tears to my eyes reading this, my deepest sympathy goes out to his family & all of us that will miss him.
frunkstar
frunkstar
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 140
Focus : Baggies / Power Droid

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:29 pm

I only had a handful of interactions with Steve, but it’s great to read everyone’s memories and sentiments.

It sounds like he was a very involved member of the collecting community, and that he made contributions that continue to increase our collecting knowledge and our enjoyment of the forums.

My deepest sympathies go out to his family and those of you who knew him well.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:06 pm

He was such a great guy to interact with . I still cant believe he passed so young . Always kind and helpful . His knowledge was second to none. Its affected me in many ways and like many of you i considered him a friend i never met in person. Unfortunately his passing has affected me to the point of me not really even thinking about star wars the past few weeks . He will be greatly missed . Rest in peace my friend . Ill see you on the other side one day. Have a cold one waiting for me .

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed May 02, 2018 6:48 am

hellhippie wrote:He was such a great guy to interact with . I still cant believe he passed so young . Always kind and helpful . His knowledge was second to none. Its affected me in many ways and like many of you i considered him a friend i never met in person. Unfortunately his passing has affected me to the point of me not really even thinking about star wars the past few weeks . He will be greatly missed . Rest in peace my friend . Ill see you on the other side one day. Have a cold one waiting for me .

Same here Bill , it has been really hard to get motivated , I Really miss him No

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Mon May 21, 2018 1:30 pm

It is a heartbreaking that a great collector, father, gentleman, moderator, and most of all friend has left us so soon.
There is not much to add to the kind words which were already spoken in this thread. I can only support those.
Your knowledge on the hobby, modesty and levelheadedness were true virtues, which we all enjoyed so much on TIG and later here on Tantive.

I will miss you and find comfort believing you will be in a great place right now, somewhere in a parallel universe.
Your beloved universe,

Cheers mate

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Antilles Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:42 pm

The Cantina Bar section of the forum has been renamed "Steve Pullman's Cantina Bar" in honour of our friend & co-founder Steve.
Captain Antilles
Captain Antilles
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:53 pm

A fitting tribute to a great guy . R.i.p. brother

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Damn I miss Steve Crying or Very sad

Great tribute to him rockon
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:49 am

Great idea.

ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top