STOP! Answer These Questions Three! What.... Is Your Name???

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

STOP! Answer These Questions Three! What.... Is Your Name??? - Page 2 Empty Re: STOP! Answer These Questions Three! What.... Is Your Name???

Post by Commander Clint Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:17 pm

the89thchris wrote:Thanks. I've been listening to some of the relevant podcasts and I got the impression that some of the other forums aren't quite as active anymore. Not sure on the actual numbers though. Are most of you are on the other forums as well?

I think most are on all the major forums as well.  I spend most of my time here, with a few minutes every couple of days on the others.

Last edited by Commander Clint on Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26790
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

STOP! Answer These Questions Three! What.... Is Your Name??? - Page 2 Empty Re: STOP! Answer These Questions Three! What.... Is Your Name???

Post by the89thchris Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:18 pm

I joined RS some time ago but I don't think they ever got around to manually activating my account lol
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by TishomingoSith Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:39 pm

1. TishomingoSith
Hometown = Tishomingo, OK (home of Blake Shelton, Neill Armstrong) + Sith (self explanatory!)

TishomingoSith
TishomingoSith
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:39 pm

I thought I'd done this Embarassed

My name is Andy Nicol, take the L off my surname and you have a nickname I've had for years cheers

About the swallow thing, what Ian said What a Face
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJabbaWookiee Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:58 pm

My username is TheJabbaWookiee (I still find it hard to accept that Wookiee is spelt like that and not just Wookie, hence why it is spelt incorrectly on TIG and SWFUK).

As for its meaning, I’m sure you’re all familiar with Charles Lutwidge Dodgson AKA Lewis Carroll. Both my wife and I love the fella. We got married in a higgledy piggledy mansion house in Devon that reminded us of the tipsy-turvy down-the-rabbit-hole picture painted in Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through The Looking Glass. As a graphic designer I got obsessed with designing the invitations, decorations, cake etc and turned out to be a complete ‘groomzilla’. His crazy creepy poem the Jabbewocky is a firm favourite of my wife (and now my 4 year old daughter), and I felt it offered an obvious and effective word play on two well known OT characters (but of course some one beat me to it on SWFUK at least).

With regards the third question I believe the answer is hinted at in this delightful trailer for the screen adaptation of the well known and loved book by Arthur Ransome.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I’ll leave you with a short snippet from The Jabberwocky

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Brandersnatch....
TheJabbaWookiee
TheJabbaWookiee
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:30 pm

Great stuff Jay clapping Nice write up mate cheers

I remember watching the original of Swallows and Amazons at school in film club What a Face
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJabbaWookiee Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:14 pm

Thanks Andy. Really loved the book as a kid. Your imagination was always so much better than the movies. Classic example is Never Ending Story. Awesome book. Pretty pants film. Such a let down. But then who could really imagine what nothing looks like.
TheJabbaWookiee
TheJabbaWookiee
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 40

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top