Playing around with UV light and a camera

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Playing around with UV light and a camera Empty Playing around with UV light and a camera

Post by pattejan Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:59 pm

Not sure if this is the best place to post the following pics and the intention to take them wasn't to be creative ...  What a Face

Snaggletooth variants under UV light

[900][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/900]
pattejan
pattejan
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1242
Focus : Loose vintage SW figure variants

Back to top Go down

Playing around with UV light and a camera Empty Re: Playing around with UV light and a camera

Post by chris.75 Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:03 pm

cool pics Patrick cheers
I have noticed that discolouration (which is not always all that noticeable to the naked eye) really stands out bright orange, when placed under a UV light.

I will have to take a pic of my Vaders, under UV light, at some point, the sabers look really cool vader
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10001
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Playing around with UV light and a camera Empty Re: Playing around with UV light and a camera

Post by Akial Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:55 pm

That's cool clapping What variants are These?
Akial
Akial
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 745
Focus : loose variants, customizing, cardboard playsets, Ugnaught

Back to top Go down

Post by pattejan Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:32 am

chris.75 wrote:cool pics Patrick cheers
I have noticed that discolouration (which is not always all that noticeable to the naked eye) really stands out bright orange, when placed under a UV light.

I will have to take a pic of my Vaders, under UV light, at some point, the sabers look really cool vader

Thanks Chris! Interesting thing about discolouration... I haven't played around much with my UV lamp yet, just photographed the Snags. Looking forward to your Vader pics!  Very Happy

Akial wrote:That's cool clapping What variants are These?

Thanks Dirk! In the first instance I was curious about how one of my Snags would look like under UV light because he has re-painted hands and feet ... unfortunately the differences towards not touched up Snags is more obvious under normal light than under UV light! lol!

Then I thought there might exist some visible differences between the mould families. (We never were able to find mould differences on the Snags that would clearly distinguish mould families. Well, there are differences but these are existent within the different families. So everything seems to be mixed up.) But also the plastic used on the figures doesn't seem to be unique for a family. So still not sure... Crying or Very sad

The differences you can see from the pics just show that for the Euro and PBP figures a different plastic was used. In the upper row there are "normal" Hong Kong Snags. In the bottom row there are Euro scarred/half scarred Snags on the left and PBP scarred Snags on the right.
pattejan
pattejan
Outer Rim Ronin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akial Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:24 am

It is quite an very interesting issue. On FB is a guy who is doing very much variant research with UV Light. He gets very interesting insights about material use on different variants and he is even able to work out transition variants by using the UV light.
Akial
Akial
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:13 am

I have noticed that PBP and Poch figures (particularly the torso) tend to glow quite brightly, but I'm not sure if this is due to different plastic being used, or discolouration. Perhaps it is a combination of the two?

Here are a couple of pics of my Vaders under a UV light. Most original sabers (with the exception of the euro, darker orange saber) glow fluorescent.

[400] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

[800]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/800]

looks pretty cool vader

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10001
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattejan Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Oh, I didn't know that! Not sure if can resist to register to FB furthermore... Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Pretty cool your Vader group photo!
pattejan
pattejan
Outer Rim Ronin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akial Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:48 pm

@ pattejan: Maybe he can't resist to signin to Tantive XI Very Happy
Akial
Akial
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by pattejan Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:39 am

Akial wrote:@ pattejan: Maybe he can't resist to signin to Tantive XI Very Happy

What a Face
pattejan
pattejan
Outer Rim Ronin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:07 am

The blacklight pics look awesome.
And very artistic as well.

Great work, gents! Very Happy

Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:52 pm

Interesting pictures guys. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26790
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top