Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 3 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:53 pm

Is there a way to quote multiple people? I like that concept on rebelscum so much better than having to copy and past various quotes.

I would kind of agree on the to many subsections, however if sections can become collapsible I think that would solve the problem without eliminating anything. For instance on rebelscum when I pull it up I only have the vintage collecting area and the cool toy review area expanded so only see the subsections for those two main sections. everything else in between and after is collapsed down. It would do the same here so no need to eliminate subsections so much as when we hide them they become out of sight and out of mind.

Back to top Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 3 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:56 pm

today is the first time I have used a desktop to access and I am asking a question. using this pic:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You can see on the ipad the chat bar thing in the top right (not a great picture as it is almost cut out of the screen capture for some reason. On the ipad it is out of the way and located in that top right corner, however when I am on the desktop it is still in that top right corner but now it is covering the search button when I am scrolled up to the top. Can this go somewhere else? since it is covering the search button up it is kind of a hindrance there. Since the live chat button is in the top bar under the name maybe it can go away completely? Is it this way for everyone on a desktop? I didn't even notice it much on the ipad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:08 pm

Hey Bryan.

I'm on a 27" monitor, so it's way off to the side, and doesn't cover the search button for me.  Hopefully some of the others will chime in.

So far, the collapsible sections sound like a great idea.

Also, the group opinion as far as pics in the signature will ok, as long as they are small and not to distracting.  No one seems to like having animated gifs, as they are too distracting.

Keep up the great comments.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26790
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:43 pm

Ok on the sig pic.  I may not do it anyway since I know it can be distracting.  I don't know why the chat banner is where it is on this monitor, but I don't have a 27" for sure so it may be trying to compact everything.  Funny that it was different on the ipad though.

Here is a screen capture so you can see what I am talking about. It is covering the search button on this one for some reason.

Last edited by trappedtexan on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:56 pm

is your monitor screen square Bryan? your I pad is rectangular, when in the landscape position, so acts like a widescreen monitor display. If your PC monitor is square it is probably trying to squash everything onto the screen. You could try changing your display settings for your desktop monitor.

my monitor is widescreen, so the chat tab is over on the side, out of the way.
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10001
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:58 pm

Not square.  I did a screen capture and posted it above.  This is a brand new dell desktop so whatever comes standard with them, but it is not square shaped.  I am pretty computer retarded so I don't know if that's what you mean.

Here they are in the same post so you can see the difference in the ipad display and the desktop display.

Ipad at bottom desktop above

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:07 pm

hmmm, yeah I see what you mean Bryan, that is odd, I have no idea why it would be doing that on your desktop screen. Its got me stumped, anyone else have an answer?
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:10 pm

My monitor is a 17" Dell which is probably very similar to yours Bryan and I don't have the problem your talking about either scratch

I have no idea bro banghead2
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:24 pm

I've never had a chat problem when it comes to my inches cheeky only positive reviews gkhan

Seriously though, my monitor is 13" across and everything is fine, could be an issue with the aspect ratio maybe? which can be altered in the setting of your computer, not sure about tablets.

General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:28 pm

Is there some way to move it. When I try to drag it, it just highlights so is not something I can move. I clicked the arrow at the upper right most corner and it hides the top bar which shows facebook and twitter and whatever other stuff that is but that banner doesn't go away. does it serve a purpose other than to say someone is in chat? how vital is it if it can be removed easily. There is a button that says live chat in the main menu bar at the top so could it be moved to that bar to also show how many are on? It isn't that big of a deal I guess, just bothersome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:29 pm

Bryan, I have similar issues with my monitor compressing images so some overlap on other sites, but I don't see that problem on this site.

Just to clarify collapsible sections vs fewer subsections, if you just clean up the personal appearance by making things collapsible, you could still have the diluted conversations where things are spread out too much, but now some of them are hidden, which can make a board look even more dead. Hey, if this place becomes a major hit, it's all irrelevant, but even RS, the biggest site of all, has this issue.

Just my thoughts based on years of forum experience. Either way is cool with me. Smile

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 3 Empty banner (not the hulk)

Post by emperorburns Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:59 pm

Why is there a big banner hanging down over every screen? It covers words so i have to use the bottom half of my screen to read.apart from that it seems a good forum.hope it blooms into what you hope it will
emperorburns
emperorburns
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:09 pm

Daren, check my pics on the previous page.  Is that what your talking about?

Now the library and other threads are unlocked is it going to remain that way? Apparently I misspoke or it was and got locked back.

Back to top Go down

Post by emperorburns Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:18 pm

Yeah thats the beastie.but its massive on my phone.it does change to a smaller orange banner tucked into the edge on some screens but most of them have the huge purple one
emperorburns
emperorburns
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by emperorburns Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:31 pm

I dont mean to list a pile of complaints.im just trying to say what i think would help and its gona take a while to get used to this forum.im the worst for tech.but at the bottom where it has next page or previous page.would it not help to have a last button.if a topic goes on gor hundreds of pages it would save time to skip to the last page rather than one at a time.
emperorburns
emperorburns
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:38 pm

I didn't even think of that.  Great suggestion.  I have been listing things as I come across them.  They are probably sick of seeing me post in this thread (or at all). lol!

I haven't tried the phone yet. Does it have a classic and mobile version for phones?

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:31 am

trappedtexan wrote:Does it have a classic and mobile version for phones?

There is a mobile version.  I was checking it out last night on the iPad.  I was able to flip back and forth between the two.  But I'm not sure how I was doing it?  lol!

emperorburns wrote:Yeah thats the beastie.but its massive on my phone.it does change to a smaller orange banner tucked into the edge on some screens but most of them have the huge purple one

I don't have a smart phone so I can't check on the issues for you.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank1252 Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:46 am

Wouldn't mind catching up in Live Chat with one of the Admin/Mods...
Tank1252
Tank1252
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 1
Focus : Coins & Loose Figures

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:51 am

Tim, I'm in for a chat.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:30 am

Guys please keep any feedback coming and don't feel bad about it! This is the reason you have all been invited on for a special preview.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6848
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank1252 Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:45 am

Had a quick poke around only. IMO the site needs a few more points of difference. It looks a bit like a TIG mkII atm.
Tank1252
Tank1252
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 1
Focus : Coins & Loose Figures

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:57 am

Tank1252 wrote:Had a quick poke around only. IMO the site needs a few more points of difference. It looks a bit like a TIG mkII atm.

Thanks for this. We do have a bunch of TIG guys on board (I didn't post there too much myself) so I guess the TIG influence was always going to be there, especially considering these guys were responsible for setting up a lot of stuff over there.

You do make a good point though and I'll discuss it with the others mods. We definitely do not want to be perceived as TIG mkII, or any forum mkII to be honest. We are a pretty unique mix of collectors so we would like the forum to reflect this diversity.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6848
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:32 am

hmmmm the notifications drop down menu froze on me for a bit 2x . seems to be ok for now . does have a very tig feel which imo is a good thing
hellhippie
hellhippie
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:09 pm

Is there a recent purchase section ? I wanted to try uploading pictures, something that is very long winded for me on TIG What a Face
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:17 pm

Here you go Andy Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top