Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 8 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by Commander Clint Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:28 pm

Nico wrote:Can I delete all 99 notifications in one go or do I have to do it one at a time ?

Hey Andy, If you go up to the profile tab, and open it.  Then go to the notifications tab.  Then you can delete them all at one. Very Happy

You can also turn off a new post in a watched topic.  Might reduce the number of notifications.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26790
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 8 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:57 pm

I can assure you something changed. Before it was an option to be able to change back and fourth from mobile to classic and the clickable link to do so was at the bottom right. Now there is no clickable link at all.

In mobile you also can't quote post as I would have quoted Marco's for the above, you have no option for picture, no option to see pm messages or notifications, it just makes it a lot less forum functional and acts more like a texting message type of thing. Not my preferred viewing method anyway. Also Daren was saying in another thread that while in mobile if he posts smiley faces it cuts off the rest of his message. Not sure which thread, as it is harder to dig around in this version and I saw it earlier this morning. Funny it was working fine the other day though as I checked and think I even posted in this thread I was able to switch back and forth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:00 pm

Thanks Bryan, it's looking more and more, like the forum platform software has been updated and we have to figure out the new changes.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chiquetaba Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:33 pm

Hi there. Here are my share of the features I'd like to see Wink

1) see the real members' name and not only their forum ID because at the end we don't know who's who pretty like on any other forums... Facebook is a mess for having serious discussions, but at least, you pretty much know who you are talking with Wink I see there's a field for the real name in the profile so that's a very good point, maybe should it be mandatory, at least for a first name?

2) authentication: that's a drawback, another userid/password. It would be a great feature to approve third party authentication like Facebook or similar websites allowing using their authentication, like they do on LinkedIn for instance?

3) browsing categories: sometimes there are several levels (more than 2 like in most forum, look at the "COO Guide section" of the forum) and that's getting very complicated to find the posts... In the case there are several levels, it would be very usefull to have "+" buttons below each category so we can click and open all the additional sub-categories, so we can browse everything from the main page rather than going through 3 or 4 sub-pages... see what I mean ?

Stephane
chiquetaba
chiquetaba
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 105

http://www.meccano2trilogo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:46 pm

Commander Clint wrote:
Nico wrote:Can I delete all 99 notifications in one go or do I have to do it one at a time ?

Hey Andy, If you go up to the profile tab, and open it.  Then go to the notifications tab.  Then you can delete them all at one. Very Happy

You can also turn off a new post in a watched topic.  Might reduce the number of notifications.

Thanks Clint cheers  that's great mate Very Happy
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:14 am

Any news on the classic vs mobile switch for an iPad? Chris's (least I think it was Chris) suggestion for the Samsung phone worked but still on the iPad not so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:20 am

I have noticed that every time I log in with my phone now, it automatically sets it to mobile view. Like was said before, this is probably due to a software update by forum motion.

Bryan if you look at the address bar at the top of your Web page, there are three dots on the right hand side of the address bar. Click on those and scroll down to request 'desktop site' click on it, and this should switch you back to classic view. That's how it works on my tablet and phone, but they are Android devices.

If that doesn't work, I can get my hands on an I pad a bit later on today, so will check it out on there too, and see if I can find the switch.

Edit:
I checked it out on the I Pad, but of course the three buttons are missing from the top right of the browser bar banghead2
It's like everything that should be listed at the bottom of the screen, is now missing scratch
Once logged into the forum, in mobile view, I can't even see how you log out again?!

Does anyone else who owns an iPad know how to figure this out?

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10001
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:52 pm

Hopefully you guys can figure it out, because with an iPad everything is very limited as far as what you can do. maybe the forum software company has a solution?

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:23 pm

you guys use the same forumotion software on TIG, Bryan, how do you guys overcome this issue? It would be great if you could help us out with this Very Happy
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:37 pm

I will ask John or AJ. The update forcing this issue must be optional or something because it hasn't occurred over there. I don't have any thing to do with the software side, but let me see what they say. Maybe there is a switch of some sort that can be checked to go back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:53 pm

Sent John a message to see what he says. Also have this site. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This is the forumotion help site. I search there using the word mobile only and found several threads which might help. Need someone more computer savvy who understands, but apparently there is some sort of code built in which can be taken out to disable the mobile and make it classic only. Not sure if there is something else that allows you to switch back and forth like it was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:01 pm

Chris, John said he will try to reach out to you. I told him trying to pass computer info through me would only make things worse as I don't know much computer stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:00 pm

Thanks Bryan John has been in touch Smile
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:53 pm

yay something happened because I have classic view again. cheers Not sure why, I did get a pm so maybe that made it go back to classic since there is no pm function in mobile. scratch Regardless, thank goodness it is back.

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:39 pm

I haven't even tried the TXI upload yet, so.....

General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:42 pm

Upside down, but it worked cheeky
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:21 pm

chiquetaba wrote:Hi there. Here are my share of the features I'd like to see Wink

1) see the real members' name and not only their forum ID because at the end we don't know who's who pretty like on any other forums... Facebook is a mess for having serious discussions, but at least, you pretty much know who you are talking with Wink I see there's a field for the real name in the profile so that's a very good point, maybe should it be mandatory, at least for a first name?

2) authentication: that's a drawback, another userid/password. It would be a great feature to approve third party authentication like Facebook or similar websites allowing using their authentication, like they do on LinkedIn for instance?

3) browsing categories: sometimes there are several levels (more than 2 like in most forum, look at the "COO Guide section" of the forum) and that's getting very complicated to find the posts... In the case there are several levels, it would be very usefull to have "+" buttons below each category so we can click and open all the additional sub-categories, so we can browse everything from the main page rather than going through 3 or 4 sub-pages... see what I mean ?

Stephane

Welcome aboard Stephane. welcome

It is great to have you around here. And thanks for your constructive feedback. Very Happy

From bullet #2 we understand that it is important to lower the barier to entry for any new members especially if we want to bridge Facebook and Forum communities.
That is a great advice, and we have implemented it. From now on it is possible to register/login with your Facebook username and password.   

Could you please test this for us?

Below is a screenshot, showing the two different ways of logging in.

Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:55 pm

Is there a way to just return automatically back to the previously read post after replying or hitting a "like"? It's only one extra click to do so, but I think it'll "feel" better to have the software do it automatically.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:01 am

Good point, Ian. Thanks. Very Happy

We will put it on the To Do list for the Mechanics, so they can try to figure out how to implement this.

Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:38 am

Ian_C wrote:Is there a way to just return automatically back to the previously read post after replying or hitting a "like"?  It's only one extra click to do so, but I think it'll "feel" better to have the software do it automatically.

Ian

That annoys me too haha! Wish these mechanics would do their jobs....
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6848
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:14 pm

IMPORTANT NOTICE to the existing members, that using the FB log in, creates a second account. It is for logging in for the first time only.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:35 pm

Check what I wrote here. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not sure why the avatar pic is doing that, but it is the same on the ipad and desktop. The screen capture I did was on the desktop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:39 pm

Commander Clint wrote:IMPORTANT NOTICE to the existing members, that using the FB log in, creates a second account. It is for logging in for the first time only.

Clint, in the profile section you can put a facebook account on your profile.  Existing members might be able to do this and then use the facebook to login.  Not sure as I don't have facebook, but that is how it works on another site.

Might want someone with a facebook to try it out and see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:01 am

Good spot, Bryan! Thanks. Very Happy

Go to PROFILE >>> PREFERENCES Tab

There is a button "Associate your Facebook Account". By clicking on it your TXI account will be automatically coupled to your FB account.

After coupling, you can either log in via your TXI account or your FB account.

It worked for me, also for others?
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianSWGallery Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:11 am

Greetings folks and many thanks for the invite Clint! The site looks really good.

The first thing that sprung to mind when I received the invite to join was the disparity between the traditional forum and Facebook membership. The only suggestion I would have (and it's more of a question), but is there a way that we could bridge the established Facebook groups with this traditional-type forum such as Facebook feeds (via a Wordpress widget (Tint)?) that could scroll topics in a window on the vintage discussion page so that we could see the discussion going on in the 12-back Facebook group for example? It sounds kind of pie-in-the sky, but it would be great to find a way to bridge the two mediums and bring collector discussion together in a central area such as this.
CanadianSWGallery
CanadianSWGallery
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 55

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top